Thursday, May 9, 2019 - Last day to submit Spring 2019 Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal and Appeal to Extend Aid.
Friday, May 10, 2019 - Complete all outstanding financial aid requirements to be guaranteed a 2019-2020 award package before school begins, Monday, Aug. 19, 2019.
What does this mean for you?
- You will not have to wait in long lines at the financial aid office before Fall 2019 classes start.
- You will increase your chances of receiving more aid. Some grants are awarded on first-come, first-served basis such as Federal Work-Study.
- You will be provided with an award package for 2019-2020 by June 1, 2019.
- If eligible, you will receive aid during the first week of school.
Sunday, June 30, 2019 - Last day to complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA or California Dream Act Application (Fall 2018, Spring 2019 and Summer 2019). Pell Grant and California College Promise Grant (Method C).
Federal School Code: 016391
Welcome to the Oxnard College Financial Aid website. We offer programs and services to help meet some of your educational costs. Financial aid applications are accepted throughout the academic year but we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The Financial Aid Office is comprised of dedicated financial aid professionals committed to serving students and provide them information to secure the necessary financial resources to meet their educational objectives. Financial aid awards are subject to availability of funds, eligibility for funds, enrollment status and financial need.
If you need help paying your enrollment fees or other expenses, financial aid in the form of grants and federal work-study is available to eligible students. The California College Promise Grant (CCPG) is available to California residents. View the VCCCD Code of Conduct/Conflict of Interest Policy here.
Changes and updated to financial aid status will be displayed on the student portal and in portal e-mail. Financial aid requirements can be viewed by logging in your my.vcccd.edu student portal.
Navigate the links on the left to visit the various pages:
- How To Apply
- California College Promise Grant
- Cost of Attendance
- AB540/Dream Act
- Using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool
- Declaring a MAJOR
- Hours of Operation
Financial Aid Goals and Objectives:
- Provide student centered service, information, and identify financing options to students seeking financial assistance
- Maintain efforts to minimize the student loan default rate
- Identify, outreach to, and increase both financial aid participation and student access to locally defined un-served and underserved student populations
- Increase awareness on campus and at local high schools of financial aid
- Feel directed, focused, nurtured, engaged, connected, and valued.
- Be aware of and connected to financial literacy tools via Cash Course, http://www.cashcourse.org
- Expand critical thinking and communication skills through online video, email and text campaigns
- Create and value timely file completion and the award and disbursement process