Pell Recalculation Date(Freeze Date):
NO REVISIONS will be made to your financial aid award(s) after this date. This means that your award will increase or decrease according to your enrollment status as of the date below:
Fall 2020: September 8, 2020, 12:00 pm
Spring 2021: February 1, 2020, 12:00 pm
- 1st Disbursement: August 18, 2020, and weekly thereafter on Fridays.
- 2nd Disbursement: September 11, 2020
* 30-day delay for first-time borrowers of loans will disburse after September 25, 2020
**Second disbursement of Fall Only Loan: October 23, 2020
- 1st Disbursement: January 12, 2021, and weekly thereafter on Fridays
- 2nd Disbursement: February 5, 2021
* 30-day delay for first-time borrowers of loans will disburse after February 19, 2021
**Second disbursement of Spring Only Loan: March 19, 2021
Summer 2021: Disbursement: TBD
Note: There is only one disbursement during the summer semester.
You will receive your refund 4 to 21 days after the payment appears on your MyVCCCD portal account, depending on the payment method you chose and the date your classes begin. The date noted on your MyVCCCD portal is an internal processing date ONLY. Please be aware this is NOT the disbursement date for your funds. Your payment schedule reflects a full-time enrollment assumption. If you are not enrolled full-time, the amount you will receive will be less and prorated based on your actual enrollment.
- December 10, 2020
- May 6, 2021
- July 23, 2021
- November 26, 2020
- April 29, 2021
- July 22, 2021
You may complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA anytime throughout the academic year. The 2020-21 FAFSA requires 2018 income information. The deadline is June 30, 2021.
The 2021-22 FAFSA will be available beginning Oct. 1, 2020. The 2021-22 FAFSA requires 2019 income information. FAFSA deadline to be considered for the Cal Grant is March 2, 2021. For assistance in completing the FAFSA, please visit the Workshops section. If you are a dependent student, please bring a parent with you to complete the FAFSA or California Dream Act application.
We will guarantee a 2020-2021 award package before school begins if you complete all your outstanding financial aid requirements by TBA.
If you complete the 2020-2021 financial aid process by TBA:
- You will not have to wait in long lines at the financial aid office before Fall 2020 begins TBA.
- You will increase your chances of receiving more aid. Some grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, such as Federal Work-Study.
- You will be provided with an award package for 2020-2021 by TBA.
- If eligible, you will receive aid during the first week of school.