The Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) at Oxnard College provides services to low income and educationally disadvantaged students. Oxnard College EOPS is designed to give EOPS students the opportunity and assistance necessary to successfully complete their academic transfer and/or vocational program. EOPS support services assist students in overcoming the many obstacles that a new environment, new school or a new setting can present. Services for EOPS Students include:
Specialized counseling services are provided with EOPS students in mind Some of these services include:
- Academic/Personal counseling
- Vocational decision making
- Career guidance
- Individual/Group counseling
- Educational Plan development
- Transfer/Transitional services
EOPS offers grants to eligible students with financial need as determined by Title V guidelines (must have completed FAFSA) (amounts dependent on available funds, please check with EOPS Office for EOPS Grant awarding policy)
Assistance with the cost of books is available to continuing EOPS students enrolled in more than 6 units. Awarded Book Service Amounts are dependent on available funds, please check with EOPS Office for EOPS Book Service/Book Grant awarding policy. Students must comply with EOPS responsibilities:
- Complete or update an EOPS Educational Plan each semester
- Complete 3 visits per semester with a counselor (one visit may be replaced with Early Registration or the EOPS Fall Welcome Back Orientation)
EOPS annually provides certificate, graduating and transfer EOPS students a celebration day.
All EOPS students are encouraged to apply in the spring semester.
EOPS offers early registration each semester. This enables the EOPS student to secure needed classes before campus-wide enrollment
Peer Advisors are college students. Their role is to help potential EOPS students access college services. They assist students in filling out our forms, developing class schedules and introducing them to campus life.
EOPS Student Success Course
This course provides EOPS students with college survival strategies: academic policy; student rights, educational plan, study skills and career information.
Additional Services for Care Eligible Students
- Easy Access to Successful Employment for Life (EASEL)
- Funds for bus passes, meal coupons, gas cards, and/or grants. (amount dependent on available funds)