You can now register for Honors Fall 2021 courses!
Here is what we're offering Fall 2021:
•Anth R102H – Honors: Intro Cultural Anthro
•Anth R111H – Honors: Magic, Witchcraft, Religion
•BioL R101H – Honors: General Biology (4 sections)
•Econ R101H – Honors: Intro Principles Macro
•Engl R101H – Honors: College Composition (2 sections)
•Hist R140H – Honors: U.S. History II
•Math R105H – Honors: Intro Stats (2 sections)
•Soc R101H – Honors: Intro to Soc
•Span R220H – Honors: Spanish for Heritage Speakers I
•Span R232H – Honors: Latin American Literature
Launched in Fall 2019, the Oxnard College Honors Program consists of specialized courses specifically designed to develop exceptional academic ability in highly motivated students. Honors courses provide intensive instruction and challenging course work through close interaction with Honors faculty to provide students with an enriched educational experience. Students interested in virtually every major can participate in Honors while making progress toward graduation and transfer. The Oxnard College Honors Program also offers valuable opportunities for leadership, cultural and social engagement, and development of research skills. Apply today!
EXPERIENCE uniquely enriched Honors courses in a variety of academic subjects
LEARN essential skills in preparation for transfer to four-year universities
IMPROVE your critical thinking and communication skills
BOOST your transcripts and increase your chances for acceptance at top universities
ENJOY the friendship and support of like-minded students
To learn about the Honors Program at Oxnard College, contact:
- Professor Jenn Wilson-Gonzalez, Honors Coordinator, at email@example.com
- Dr. Letty Mojica, Honors Counselor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (805) 678-5035
- Honors Support Services at email@example.com
- Virtual Honors Lounge - every first and third Wednesday of the month, 12PM - 1PM, Fall and Spring semesters - students are invited to come ask questions and socialize with other Honors students. Zoom Meeting ID: 950 1826 6327
- College G.P.A. of at least 3.25 with minimum 12 units of degree applicable/transferable college-level courses (recent high school graduates need to prove a weighted G.P.A. of at least 3.25)
- Students may need to submit official transcripts to Admissions and Records only IF:
- The student is a recent high school graduate and has not completed at least 12 units of coursework at Oxnard College, OR
- The student has attended another college (other than Ventura or Moorpark Colleges)
Note: It may take up two weeks after Admissions and Records gets your transcript for the Honors Counselor to process your application.
- Submit an online Honors Program application
- Submit two letters of recommendation to Honors Coordinator or schedule interview with Honors Coordinator
- Once admitted, attend mandatory Honors Orientation: The times and days of the orientations can be found in the provisional acceptance letter that will be emailed to you upon review of your transcript.
- Complete a minimum of 15 units of Honors courses in at least two different disciplines. A minimum of three Honors courses (9 units) must be completed at Oxnard College.
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.25 in transferrable course work.
- Achieve an overall GPA of 3.25 in Honors course work.
- Earn at least a “C” in each Honors course. (a Pass/No Pass grade in an Honors course is not accepted toward Program requirements) While it is not required, we strongly recommend a GPA of 3.5 or greater. This will open more doors for you at the more competitive schools.
- Complete a minimum of 15 units of Honors course work, with a minimum GPA of 3.25, prior to the final semester at Oxnard College.
- Meet formally with a Counselor during a scheduled appointment once per semester. Counselor signature required. Please use Record of Counselor Visits Form.
- Attend four (4) extracurricular activities (Extracurricular Event Form –link is to the left)
- Must give written permission for release of Code of Conduct record. . Honors students will receive automatic dismissal from the OC Honors Program if there is formal documentation of academic misconduct
- If planning on a May Transfer/Graduation, you must begin the Honors Program no later than December 1 of the preceding year.
- Submit a “Program Completion Form” as notification of plan for Program exit. Attend the Honors Exit Workshop during final semester.