Launching soon, the Oxnard College Honors Program consists of specialized courses specifically designed to develop exceptional academic ability in highly motivated students. Honors courses provide intensive instruction and challenging course work through close interaction with Honors faculty to provide students with an enriched educational experience. Students interested in virtually every major can participate in Honors while making progress toward graduation and transfer. The Oxnard College Honors Program also offers valuable opportunities for leadership, cultural and social engagement, and development of research skills.
EXPERIENCE uniquely enriched Honors courses in a variety of academic subjects
LEARN essential skills in preparation for transfer to four-year universities
IMPROVE your critical thinking and communication skills
BOOST your transcripts and increase your chances for acceptance at top universities
ENJOY the friendship and support of like-minded students
To learn about the Honors Program at Oxnard College, contact:
- Dr. Josh Lieser, Honors Coordinator, at email@example.com or by phone at (805)678-5078
- Dr. Letty Mojica, Honors Counselor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (805)678-5035
- Honors Support Services, TBD
- Submit an online Honors Program application.
- Submit your transcript(s) to Admissions and Records. It may take up two weeks after Admissions and Records gets your transcript for the Coordinator to process your application. (Note: An official high school transcript is required, if you graduated June of the current year.) You must submit official transcripts of all other institutions of higher education you have attended. Admission is based on:
- High school (Weighted) GPA of 3.25 OR
- College G.P.A. of 3.25 with 12 units of degree applicable/transferable college- level courses.
- Attendance at mandatory Honors orientation.
- Two letters of recommendation or coordinator interview.
- Attend mandatory Honors Orientation: The times and days of the orientations can be found in the provisional acceptance letter that will be emailed to you upon review of your transcript or by emailing
- (Recommended) Join Phi Theta Kappa at Oxnard College, a nationally recognized honors society
- Complete a minimum of 15 units of Honors courses in at least two different disciplines. A minimum of three Honors courses (9 units) must be completed at Oxnard College.
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.25 in transferrable course work.
- Achieve an overall GPA of 3.25 in Honors course work.
- Earn at least a “C” in each Honors course. (a Pass/No Pass grade in an Honors course is not accepted toward Program requirements) While it is not required, we strongly recommend a GPA of 3.5 or greater. This will open more doors for you at the more competitive schools.
- Complete a minimum of 9 units of Honors course work, with a minimum GPA of 3.25, prior to the final semester at Oxnard College.
- Meet formally with a Counselor during a scheduled appointment once per semester. Counselor signature required. Please use Record of Counselor Visits Form.
- Attend four (4) extracurricular activities (Extracurricular Event Form –link is to the left)
- Must give written permission for release of Code of Conduct record. Honors students will receive automatic dismissal from the OC Honors Program if there is formal documentation of academic misconduct.
- If planning on a May Transfer/Graduation, you must begin the Honors Program no later than December 1 of the preceding year.
- Submit a “Program Completion Form” as notification of plan for Program exit. Attend the Honors Exit Workshop during final semester.