COVID-19 Social Distancing Policies
In compliance with District-wide policies implemented to limit the risk of exposure, the OC CalWORKs Office will no longer be servicing students face-to-face. Please call the Office in order to schedule a virtual or phone appointment with one of our counselors.
For the latest information about Oxnard College's response to COVID-19 and the resources we have to help you, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions, please visit our Student Services page.
Please remember to monitor your District-assigned student email for regular updates from the colleges and District.
What is CalWORKs?
The CalWORKs, or "California Work Opportunities & Responsibility to Kids", Program is a state-mandated program that provides educational and training assistance to student-parents who are receiving TANF Benefits. The Program aids students in achieving long-term success through the attainment of higher education, which, in turn, promotes self-sufficiency and personal growth. At Oxnard College, the objective of the CalWORKs Program is to equip the CalWORKs student with special supportive services including academic counseling, childcare, Work-Study, and insuring compliance with the Human Services Agency's Welfare-to-Work Program regulations.
Oxnard College CalWORKs Mission Statement
The focus of the Oxnard College CalWORKs Program is to empower student-parents within a supportive community united in bridging the gap from adversity to self-sufficiency through higher education and personal success.
In order for a student-parent to be eligible for the CalWORKs Program, he or she MUST
- Be enrolled at VCCCD with the primary college being Oxnard
- Be receiving the Adult Portion of TANF Benefits, also known as Cash Aid
- Have a Ventura County CalWORKs Community College Referral Form
Student Support Services Include
- Early Registration
- Tutoring Services
- Academic, Career, and Personal Counseling
- Job Development and Post Employment Services
- Referrals to On- and Off-Campus Resources
- Activities and Workshops to help meet the County of Ventura HSA Requirements
- Advocacy for County, Child Care, and College-Related Concerns
- Paid Internship Opportunities (Based on Funding Availability)
- Computer Lab with Printing Capabilities
- School and Testing Supplies