Welcome to the 1st-STEP (Success Through Entry Pathways) Center Website. The 1st-STEP Center is designed to inform and assist first-time and first-time transfer students at Oxnard College.
Because going to a new college can be an overwhelming experience, we can help make your transition to Oxnard College as seamless as possible by helping you take that first step. We can help assist you to achieve your educational goals regardless of whether you plan to transfer to a four-year university, complete your studies in two years or acquire skills to start a new career.
Services provide at the 1st-STEP Center
- Guidance on math and English course selection
- In-person and Online Orientation Sessions
- OC Pathways Exploration Session
- Group Advising
- MyVCCCD Portal Setup
- Registration Support
Who may participate in the 1st-STEP Center Sessions?
Any first-year student who needs a(n):
- Recommendation on math and English course placement
- Abbreviated Educational Plan, and/or
- Financial Aid application
What should I have completed prior to attending one of the 1st-STEP sessions?
- An Application for Admission to Oxnard College, and
- For Students Applying for Financial Aid:
What should I bring to the 1st-STEP Center Session?
- Students should bring any transcripts, test scores that will help Oxnard College counseling faculty in the recommendation process for Math and English courses.
- For students who do not have a transcript available, complete the Informed Self-Placement Process prior to or during the 1st-STEP Center session.
- Know your FSA ID if applying for Financial Aid
- Know your VCCCD Student ID number (e.g. 900123456)
How do I make an appointment to attend one of the meetings?
Please contact the Welcome Center for more information.