We have GOOD NEWS for you!


As a student you have the the right to take transfer-level Math and English coursework as well as earn academic credit for English as a Second Language (ESL) coursework. Standardized assessment tests at Oxnard College are no longer required for placement into Transfer-level English and Math classes

For guidance on using information such as previous coursework, grades and grade point average to select your Math, English and ESL courses, please contact the Counseling Department to schedule an appointment.


If you have not yet applied to Oxnard College or any of the VCCCD colleges, please contact the 1st-STEP Center to get you started on submitting an OC Admission Application. 


What is my Placement Recommendation?

Contact the Counseling Department to schedule an appointment if you:

  • completed your education outside the USA
  • possess a GED
  • have AP, SAT or ERWC or other scores from high school.
  • are a transfer student
  • need clearance for courses other than English/Math
  • completed your high school education in the USA, or
  • have been out of school for a few years

Placement Recommendations FAQs