Oxnard College Academic Senate is the official voice of the faculty in matters of scholarship and professionalism. We represent the faculty to college administrators, district administrators and the Board of Trustees.
Academic Senate Meetings, 2022-23
Meetings take place on 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month at 2:00 pm, not including college holidays. Schedule:
Aug. 22, Sept. 12, Sept. 26, Oct. 10, Oct. 24, Nov. 14, Nov. 28, Dec. 12, Jan. 23, Feb. 13, Feb. 27, March 13, March 27, Apr. 10, Apr. 24, May 8. The February meetings will take place on Zoom. Meetings will resume in person beginning in March and will be held in Condor Hall, room 311.
Agendas, support documents and approved minutes will be posted on BoardDocs.
October 10, 2022 Agenda (meeting on Zoom)
Meetings are open to the public per California's Brown Act statute. If you'd like to speak at public comment, please contact President Elissa Caruth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties and Purview of the Academic Senate
The Academic Senate’s primary responsibilities are to make recommendations for policies in the following areas ["10 + 1"], as defined by California Education Code Section 53200:
- Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites
- Degree and certificate requirements
- Grading policies
- Educational program development
- Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success
- College governance structures, as related to faculty roles
- Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes
- Policies for faculty professional development activities
- Processes for program review
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development
- Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon.