Oxnard College Academic Senate is the official voice of the faculty in matters of scholarship and professionalism. We represent the faculty to college administrators, district administrators and the Board of Trustees.
Academic Senate Meetings, 2021-22
Meetings take place on 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month at 2 pm, not including college holidays (schedule). The April 25 and May 9 meetings will take place on Zoom, per Senate action at its March 14 & April 11 meetings.
Agendas, support documents and approved minutes will be posted on BoardDocs.
May 9, 2022 Agenda (Zoom meeting)
Meetings are open to the public per California's Brown Act statute. If you'd like a meeting Zoom link and/or to speak at public comment, please contact Secretary Marcia Fulkerson at email@example.com to obtain the link for April 25 or May 9.
Duties and Purview of the Academic Senate
The Academic Senate’s primary responsibilities are to make recommendations for policies in the following areas ["10 + 1"], as defined by California Education Code Section 53200:
- Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites
- Degree and certificate requirements
- Grading policies
- Educational program development
- Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success
- College governance structures, as related to faculty roles
- Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes
- Policies for faculty professional development activities
- Processes for program review
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development
- Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon.