The Oxnard College Student Health Center is designed to assist all students in achieving and maintaining optimum wellness. Our commitment is to help you develop a healthy lifestyle so that you may reach your educational goals.
The Student Health Center is located on the first floor in the Student Services Building
Phone: (805) 678-5832 Appointment Desk email: email@example.com Fax: (805) 678-5932
Student Health 101 - Oxnard College Health Center online Health Magazine:
Meet the Staff:
- Dr. Deanna McFadden, DNP. RN- Health Center Coordinator
- Dr. Kristen Nugent, M.D. Family Practice Physician
- Karen Paxton, RN.BSN College Nurse
- Nelly Perez, M.A. Student Health Center Assistant
- Linda Martinez, MBA, MS, LMFT Mental Health Counselor
- Annelise Hulley, Student Employee
- Melanie Gomez, Student Employee
- Ashley Varela, Student Employee
Health Center will be closed for Winter Break - Thursday December 20, 2018. Resuming student health services Spring Semester January 7, 2019
Who can use the services at the Health Center?
Currently enrolled students at Oxnard College; whether full, part time, or online are eligible to use the Health Center.
|Monday:||9 am to 5 pm|
|Tuesday:||9 am to 5 pm|
|Wednesday:||9 am to 5 pm|
|Thursday:||9 am to 5 pm|
|Friday:||9 am to 12 pm|
What services are available for students?
- Medical evaluations
- Individualized counseling on such topics as stress, depression, anxiety, eating disorders etc.
- Health Workshops
- EMT, Dental Hygiene, Dental Assisting, and University Transfer Physicals
- Child Development physicals
- New Child Development Requirements effective September 2016
- Emergency care and referral
- Immunizations: Flu,Tdap, Gardisil, MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B and TB testing
- Pregnancy testing, cholesterol testing, blood sugar testing , etc.
- Accident Insurance (there is a deductible) for incidents that happen on campus only.
- Over the counter medications such as Aspirin, Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Cough drops
- Family Pact Provider
General Medical Consults and Mental Health Counseling visits are always free. However, some services do require an additional fee.
Do I need an appointment?
It is recommended that you contact us for an appointment so that you will have a minimal waiting time. It is also helpful if you complete consent forms prior to your appointment. If you are scheduled for Mental Health Counseling please complete the attached Mental Health Consent forms and bring them completed if possible to your first appointment.
Program Physicals such as EMT, Dental Assistant, Dental Hygiene, CNA etc. have specific times for scheduling, for additional information please contact the health center directly.
** If you need to cancel your appointment please do so at least 24 hours prior to the date you were to be seen**
How is the Student Health Center funded?
The health center is funded by the student health fee paid by all students at the time of registration.
What about confidentiality?
The Health Center follows the HIPPA guidelines. It is against the law for employees or student worker staff to discuss or release your medical information without your written consent.
All medical and personal counseling records are confidential with legal restraints. The records are NOT part of the student's academic records. Information will not be released without the student's consent.
For additional health topics be sure to check out your own personalized Oxnard College Student Health 101 online magazine