Oxnard College remains committed to ensure your health and safety during this period. The OC Student Health Center will no longer have face to face office visits; however we are happy to talk to you by phone if you have any questions about your health or the COVID19 Virus. Monitor your vcccd email accounts and student portal daily for the most current information specific to Oxnard College.
We will remain available to students for all health questions and mental health services by phone or email during our regularly scheduled hours and days, please see below.
Stay home if you are ill and call your primary care provider or clinic for instructions.
For the latest information about Oxnard College's response to COVID19: Student Services page.
Phone: (805) 678-5832 Appointment Desk email: email@example.com Fax: (805) 678-5932
- Dr. Deanna McFadden, DNP. RN- Health Center Coordinator
- (805) 678-5032
- Dr. Kristen Nugent, M.D. Family Practice Physician
- Karen Paxton, RN.BSN College Nurse
- Nelly Perez, M.A. Student Health Center Assistant
- (805) 678-5164
- Linda Martinez, MBA, MS, LMFT Mental Health Counselor
- (805) 678-5226
- Chris Domasin, LMFT Mental Health Counselor
- (805) 678-7779
- Annelise Hulley, Student Employee
- Melanie Gomez, Student Employee
- Ashley Lopez, Student Employee
Who can use the services at the Health Center?
Currently enrolled students at Oxnard College; whether full, part time, or online are eligible to use the Health Center.
Phone and Email HoursMonday: 9 am to 5 pm Tuesday: 9 am to 5 pm Wednesday: 9 am to 5 pm Thursday: 9 am to 5 pm Friday: 9 am to 12 pm Fall & Spring Semester
What services are available for students?
- Medical evaluations
- Individualized counseling on such topics as stress, depression, anxiety, eating disorders etc.
- Health Workshops
- EMT, Dental Hygiene, Dental Assisting, and University Transfer Physicals
- Child Development physicals
- New Child Development Requirements effective September 2016
- Emergency care and referral
- Immunizations: Flu,Tdap, Gardisil, MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B and TB testing
- Pregnancy testing, cholesterol testing, blood sugar testing , etc.
- Accident Insurance (there is a deductible) for incidents that happen on campus only.
- Over the counter medications such as Aspirin, Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Cough drops
- Family Pact Provider
General Medical Consults and Mental Health Counseling visits are always free. However,some services do require an additional fee.
Do I need an appointment?
It is recommended that you contact us for an appointment so that you will have a minimal waiting time. It is also helpful if you complete consent forms prior to your appointment. If you are scheduled for Mental Health Counseling please complete the attached Mental Health Consent formsand bring them completed if possible to your first appointment.
Program Physicals such as EMT, Dental Assistant, Dental Hygiene, CNA etc. have specific times for scheduling, for additional information please contact the health center directly.
** If you need to cancel your appointment please do so at least 24 hours prior to the date you were to be seen**
How is the Student Health Center funded?
The health center is funded by the student health fee paid by all students at the time of registration.
What about confidentiality?
The Health Center follows the HIPPA guidelines. It is against the law for employees or student worker staff to discuss or release your medical information without your written consent.
All medical and personal counseling records are confidential with legal restraints. The records are NOT part of the student's academic records. Information will not be released without the student's consent.