Alcohol and drug abuse (substance abuse) affect individuals of all ages and backgrounds, but college students have an increased risk of problems related to using alcohol or drugs. As a college student substance abuse affects your academic success, health, and relationships with family and friends as well as increasing your risk for sexual assault or physical injury. Oxnard College Student Health Center is here to provide a confidential, caring place for students who have questions or are in need of assistance.
The following are resources that may help:
- Recognizing, Understanding and Combating Substance Abuse in College
- College Binge Drinking
- Ways to cut down on your drinking
- Marijuana Rehab in Ventura County
- Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings in Ventura County
- Narcotics Anonymous Meetings in Ventura County
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Smart Recovery
- Prevention Online
- Treatment 4 Addiction
- Guide to Overcoming Substance Abuse in College
CAGE SUBSTANCE ABUSE SCREENING TOOL
1. Have you ever felt you ought to cut down on your drinking or drug use?
2. Have people annoyed you by criticizing your drinking or drug use?
3. Have you felt bad or guilty about your drinking or drug use?
4. Have you ever had a drink or used drugs first thing in the morning to steady your nerves or to get rid of a hangover?
If you answered yes to two or more questions, you may have a substance abuse problem.
YOU CAN RECOVER!