Oxnard College is distributing CARES Act -Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds to eligible students who have experienced financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic. These funds can help cover expenses such as daycare, basic needs, computers, and school supplies. We know our students are working hard to juggle everything right now and these funds represent our steadfast faith in their abilities. We want for each of our students to achieve their educational goals and hope these grants will help. Funds are limited and are being distributed as quickly as possible, so please apply today.
- Oxnard College has been allocated $25,277,633 in total through three Higher Education Emergency Relief Funding (HEERF) awards. The U.S. Department of Education has determined that at least $10,168,403 of these allocations will go directly to students. $14,481,174 was designated by the Department of Education for institutional costs associated with significant changes to the delivery of instruction due to Covid-19. An additional $1,357,538 was awarded to Oxnard College as a minority serving institution for additional student support expenses. Oxnard College will also contribute a portion of the institutional and minority serving awards towards direct student aid.
- Over 4,000 students at Oxnard College may be eligible to apply for a grant.
- The CARES Act Emergency Grant program has limited funding. Students will be awarded grants as long as funds remain available.
- Funds will be disbursed as quickly as possible in order to provide students with the support they need to continue their educational pursuits.
- Oxnard College’s Plan for Distribution of CARES Act Emergency Grants:
- 15% of student allocated funds will be distributed to eligible students enrolled for Summer 2020
- 85% of student allocated funds will be distributed to eligible students enrolled for Fall 2020, Spring 2021 and Summer 2021.
- Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 students with exceptionally high need (Pell Grant recipients) will receive priority.
Funds will be distributed in the following tiers:
FAFSA and/or CADAA applicants with Pell eligibility (EFC <5711) and enrolled in 6 units or more
FAFSA and/or CADAA applicants with EFC >5711 and enrolled in 6 units or more
- All other students who are enrolled in 6 units or more. Students will receive an email invitation to apply for HEERF funds.
Summer 2022 students with exceptionally high need will receive priority.
- Funds will be distributed to the following students:
- FAFSA and/or CADAA applicants with Pell eligibility (EFC <5711) and enrolled in 6 units or more on 06/20/2022
- Oxnard College has distributed the following:
- $8,335,106.00 in CARES/HEERF funding as of 06/30/2022. This funding has helped 5007 students.
- $106,874.00 in HSI CARES/HEERF funding as of 06/30/2022. This funding has helped 117 students.
- $109,480.00 in Institutional HEERF funding as of 06/30/2022. This funding has helped 136 students.