Steps to Success
- Complete the FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application online by visiting FAFSA.gov or CalDreamAct.org
- Applications are processed throughout the school year. Once your application has been received, you will receive a confirmation e-mail that your application has been submitted.
- It will take between 5-7 business days for Oxnard College Financial Aid to receive/process your application.
- Click on the “Financial Aid” tab and the appropriate academic year (e.g, Fall 2020 is included in 2020-21) on the my.vcccd.edu portal to view what items are required to complete the financial aid process.
- All required items should be submitted immediately to the Financial Aid Office.
- To accept the Financial Aid Rights and Responsibilities: In "Financial Aid Requirements" box, click on "Accept Terms and Conditions." Select the academic year, read the terms and conditions, and click "Accept" at the bottom of the page
- Green check boxes are completed items.
- Once all requirements are completed, monitor your portal weekly for updates on your status.
- Check your portal e-mail on a regular basis.
- If eligible, an award notification email will be sent to my.vcccd.edu account once file review process is complete. The review process takes 2-3 weeks to complete.
- We have partnered with BankMobile to deliver your financial aid refund. For more information about BankMobile, visit this link: http://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/. “To view our institution’s contract with BankMobile, a Division of Customers Bank, click here.”
The federal government is the primary source of financial aid for college students. Students must meet several requirements to be eligible to receive federal and state aid. The following requirements are common to most federal (and many other) financial aid programs:
- Students must have financial need and demonstrate it through their financial aid application. (Note, however, that some loan programs and many scholarship programs are available to students who do not have financial need.) We strongly encourage students to apply for aid by the deadline dates.
- To receive financial aid, students must be admitted to the college and working toward an eligible degree or certificate. (However, students may apply for aid before being accepted for admission or enrolled.)
- To qualify for most federal aid, students must be U.S. citizens or eligible non-U.S. citizens. Federal regulations and campus policy limit the types of financial assistance available to non-U.S. citizens. Click here for more information regarding state aid through the California Dream Act/AB540.
- All students must have a valid Social Security number for federal aid.
- Most male students who are between the ages of 18 and 25 must be registered with the U.S. Selective Service.
- Continuing students must be making satisfactory academic progress.
- Students receiving federal student aid may use it only for educational purposes.
- To continue to qualify for financial aid, students may not owe a refund on a federal grant or be in default on any federal educational loan.
Restrictions on Eligibility:
Undergraduates who have already received a bachelor's degree may only receive the California College Promise Grant (CCPG) and are not eligible for federal grant assistance such as the Pell Grant or state grant assistance such as the Cal Grant.
ENROLLMENT AT MORE THAN ONE INSTITUTION
Students who are enrolled at more than one college or university during the same enrollment period may receive Pell Grant from only one institution, not both.
How to Access your Online Financial Aid Account Video
Cómo acceder al video de su cuenta de ayuda financiera en línea
For more information, contact the OC Financial Aid Office at 805.678.5828. E-mail: email@example.com