The benefits of participating in a TAG (Transfer Admission Guarantee) include early notification of admission, course planning assistance, and informational mailing and invitations to university events.
With the help of community college counselors, students complete an agreement, which list courses they will need to fulfill university requirements. Participants in the transfer program must:
- All campuses require 30 UC-transferable units completed by the end of the summer for the following years admission cycle.
- Complete a TAG online application to one of 6 participating UC's (Davis, Irvine, Merced, Riverside, Santa Barbara, and Santa Cruz).
- Complete at least 60 UC-transferable semester units by the end of spring prior to fall admission
- Maintain the stated GPA for that university
- Fulfill the requirements as stated for each university
- TAG applications must be submitted online by September 30.
- The UC Admission Application must be submitted online at by November 30
- The supplemental criteria for selective majors will vary by UC campus (please check with a counselor).