If your counselor determines that you require note-taking assistance in your classes, EAC will provide this service. The note taker is usually another student in your class who is willing to provide a copy of his/her lecture notes.
Procedure for using this service:
- Inform EAC staff that you will require lecture notes.
- You will be given a memo to give to your instructor for each class in which you will receive notes. This instructor will read the memo aloud to the class, asking that students who are interested in sharing their notes report to the EAC. The first person to volunteer will be given the memo with your name on it. Please identify yourself to the student after class. (The instructor will not identify you to the class.)
- If you would prefer to name a specific student in your class to provide notes, please discuss it with the student and make the arrangements with EAC before your instructor reads the memo to the class.
- If you feel that the notes are of poor quality, or if the note-taker is frequently absent, please come to the EAC office and the Accommodations Specialist will review the situation. If necessary, arrangements can be made for copies of other notes.
- Note-taking assistance is not a substitute for attending classes! You must attend class in order to get notes!
Hot Tip: Take some notes yourself so that your opportunity for learning is increased. Review your notes immediately after class, and make additional notes in the margins. Sometime the things you want to remember haven't been emphasized by the note-taker.