Have you taken courses at a college other than Oxnard College, Ventura College, or Moorpark College? 

If so, and you plan to use those courses toward a degree or certificate at Oxnard College, you must complete the External Coursework Evaluation process.  

To request an External Coursework Evaluation, follow these important steps: 

  1. Official Transcripts:  
    It is your responsibility to request official transcripts to be sent to the Oxnard College Admissions and Records Office. Official Transcripts from all institutions used in the evaluation must be on file with the Admissions and Records Office for the courses to count toward your degree/certificate. If you plan to use AP scores, CLEP scores, IB scores, and/or military transcripts toward your degree/certificate at Oxnard College, you must also make sure to request official scores/ transcripts to be sent to the Oxnard College Admissions and Records Office.  
  1. Counseling Appointment: 
    Meet with a counselor to discuss your educational goal and to begin the External Coursework Evaluation process. External Coursework Evaluations are NOT completed during peak periods such as registration or beginning of the term. Please see a counselor during your first term at Oxnard College to ensure a timely completion for this evaluation.
    a counseling appointment on
    Starfish Connect.
    For same day drop-in counseling call
    (805) 678-5816.


It often takes more than one appointment for a counselor to complete an evaluation. Once it is complete, you will receive a copy of the evaluation in your VCCCD email. Please make a follow-up appointment with a counselor to modify your education plan in accordance with the External Coursework Evaluation. 

Any other evaluation not following this process is considered a preliminary review (not an official evaluation) and is used only for advisement purposes.  

If you have additional questions, please contact our Counseling Office (805) 678-5816.


You Can Have Official Transcripts Sent In One Of The Following Ways: