Search for books, ebooks, articles, and more.
Students: Need to conduct research for papers, speeches and/or projects at Oxnard College? You've come to the right place. Your faculty librarians teach Library research skills in-person or online. We also guest lecture in your classes upon request from professors.
Fall 2023 Research Assistance Walk-in Hours, August 14 - December 15 (no appointment necessary):
9:00 am - Noon & 1:00 - 8:00 pm Monday through Thursday. 11:00 am - 5:00 pm on Friday.
Closed Saturday, Sunday and academic holidays (Sept. 4, Nov. 10, Nov. 23 - 24). Please see main LLRC page for building hours.
(Faculty: contact librarians here to request a Library Instruction session.)
Here's a great place to start your research journey: the OC Library One Search page. This is the "Advanced Search" site, which allows you to focus on books only, articles only, or to search (almost) everything in our collections all at once.
To search individual library databases, use our Online Resources (Databases) A-Z page.
Plus our latest library research tool: Find Library database articles via Google Scholar.
Research Desk (aka Reference Desk): (805) 678-5149, email@example.com or directly to:
- (805) 678-5818, firstname.lastname@example.org Tom Stough, Librarian
- email@example.com Bryan Thompson, Adjunct Librarian (805) 678-5098,
- Lauren Lasko, Adjunct Librarian (805) 678-5098, firstname.lastname@example.org
- LibChat (click on this floating bubble on the main LLRC page): is available during most Librarian shifts, with time out for lunch and meetings. (Please leave a message if LibChat is offline.) We can also instruct you via Zoom. Contact us via email or chat for Zooming.
- For a self-service guide to accessing our online resources, please use our Off-Campus Library Access research guide.