The California Community Colleges (CCC) Online Education Initiative (OEI) is proud to announce the creation of 30 sample course shells with Open Educational Resources (OER) embedded directly into the OER-enabled Canvas course shells. Designed by the OEI’s instructional designers, the course shells feature:
- OER from OpenStax embedded directly into Canvas Modules
- Innovative resources that can help faculty as they prepare to teach online
- Instructions for faculty on making their courses welcoming to students, creating captioned videos, and providing links to campus student services.
- Instructions for students on how to navigate Canvas and how to be successful in the course.
- Accessible content (WCAG 2.0 AA compliant) so you can make sure all students will succeed in your course.
- Correct licensing attributions so you don't have to worry about copyright!
What subjects are available?
- Science: Chemistry, Microbiology, Anatomy/Physiology, Physics
- Economics: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics
- Math: (Pre) Calculus, (Pre) Algebra, Trigonometry, Statistics
- Humanities: American Government, U.S. History, Psychology, Sociology
How can you find them?
- Go to Canvas Commons and search: CCC, OEI, OpenStax, OER
- If you like what you see, ask your local instructional technologist to create you an empty Canvas shell for you to import the content into.