PROSPECTIVE ACTIVE DUTY SEEKING TO USE TA SHOULD SPEAK WITH THEIR ESO OR
COUNSELOR WITHIN THEIR MILITARY SERVICE PRIOR TO ENROLLING
The Oxnard College VET Center is here to assist you in reaching your educational goals.
Steps to taking courses at Oxnard College:
- Apply for admission. This is a two step process. You will create a username and password for the California Community College District. Complete information there and this will lead into a secondary application to Oxnard College.
- You will receive an email from Oxnard College which can take 45 minutes to a day to receive. This email will provide instructions for you to follow.
- Set up Student portal- Email from Oxnard College has a link to a wizard that will help you to set up your student portal. Make sure to write down your username which will be assigned to you from the district. You will create your own password.
- Online Orientation- This is to be accessed through your My Success tab in your student portal. Click on Orientation link. You will need to successfully answer all questions. The information to these questions can be found by reading content of page as well as watching videos.
- Transcripts- If you attended any other college please obtain unofficial transcript and bring them with you to your counseling appointment.
- Make an appointment- Steps 1-5 need to be completed before scheduling an appointment. For appointment call (805) 678-5845 to meet with an academic counselor.
Paying for college:
- You can apply for free money to pay for tuition as well as offset cost of books through FAFSA.
- Tuition Assistance (TA)- You will need to speak with your command to determine whether you are eligible for TA. Also use TA Decide to make an informed decision regarding colleges.
- If you are eligible for TA also speak with your Education Service Officer (ESO) for further guidance.
- For further assistance with financial aid please Edlin Marquez (805) 678-5141.
If you applied and received an email stating you are not a California resident but you are here on orders, please do the following:
- Obtain electronic copy of your orders which state you are stationed in California.
- Complete the Military Residency Statement.
- Submit the above to Admission and Records via secure portal link.
Cost of Attending Oxnard College:
Net Price Calculator :The net price calculator is a tool for students and parents to use to get an estimate of what it may cost to attend Oxnard College each year. The "net price" (cost of attendance minus grants and scholarships) is the amount students and/or their families will have to cover with work, savings, and/or loans.
To find books required for your classes please have your class schedule and CLICK HERE to get to bookstore.
You can also use the (ISBN) International Standard Book Number for the textbooks required for your classes and search online. You will find the ISBN on our bookstore site which shows which books your instructor requires.
Campus Contacts and Resources:
ADMISSIONS AND RECORDS OFFICE
VETERANS RESOURCE CENTER
EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE CENTER
(Disabled Students Services)