The OMEGA Initiative
Oxnard Male Educational Goal Achievement Initiative
The Oxnard Male Educational Goal Achievement (OMEGA) Initiative is one of the focuses of the Oxnard College Student Equity Plan (SEP). California Community College student equity plans focus on increasing access, course completion, ESL and basic skills completion, degrees, certificates and transfer for all students as measured by success indicators linked to the CCC Student Success Scorecard, and other measures.One area of need identified through the data gathering portion of the SEP was the success rates of male students in Basic Skills level courses. The OMEGA Initiative hopes to address these gaps and improve male student success rates through intensive, directed, and, in some cases, mandatory academic and personal support services. The OMEGA Initiative is NOT a fraternity, nor is it associated with any regional or national fraternities.
Watch the OMEGA Video to hear what students have to say about program.
What's In It For You (the male student):
- Free Print cards for printing and copies at the library
- Assistance with school supplies
- Tutors dedicated for your specific courses
- Academic advising, planning & scheduling assistance
- Several social activities and events exclusive to OMEGA participants
- Field Trips
- Skill building and personal development workshops
- & More...
What do We Expect from You:
- Participate in OMEGA related functions, surveys, and/or gatherings
- Attend the Mandatory Continuing Meeting at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters
For More Information Contact: