Oxnard College is distributing CARES Act relief funds to eligible students who have experienced financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic. These funds can help cover expenses such as daycare, basic needs, computers, and school supplies. We know our students are working hard to juggle everything right now and these funds represent our steadfast faith in their abilities. We want for each of our students to achieve their educational goals and hope these grants will help. Funds are limited and are being distributed as quickly as possible, so please apply today.
- Oxnard College has been allocated $3,127,211 and has certified with the U.S. Department of Education that $1,563,606 will go directly to students.
- Over 3,000 students at Oxnard College may be eligible to apply for a grant.
- The CARES Act Emergency Grant program has limited funding. Students will be awarded grants as long as funds remain available.
- Funds will be disbursed as quickly as possible in order to provide students with the support they need to continue their educational pursuits.
- Oxnard College’s Plan for Distribution of CARES Act Emergency Grants:
- 15% of student allocated funds will be distributed to eligible students enrolled for Summer 2020
- 85% of student allocated funds will be distributed to eligible students enrolled for Fall 2020
- Oxnard College has distributed $970,050 as of 09/22/2020. This funding has helped 1060 students.