We highly encourage you apply! If you aren't sure about qualifications, please email Ayla at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805.678.5129!
To be eligible, you:
- Must be a current Oxnard College student
- Oxnard College must be your primary college
You must also meet at least one of the following- you do NOT need to meet all of the below:
- Be a first-generation college student; meaning that neither parent has received a four-year (bachelor's) degree
- Meet specific taxable income guidelines set forth by the U.S. Department of Education
- Receive services from the Educational Assistance Center (EAC)
If you have any questions about the qualifications for our program, please contact us.
What are the expectations?
Great question! We are so glad you asked.
This is a program specifically designed for students who have the desire to graduate from Oxnard College with a certificate, associate's degree, and/or transfer to a four-year institution and receive a bachelor's degree.
As a result, should you decide to apply for our program, you are indicating to our program staff that you are serious about your education and committed to the requirements we expect of you. You will see in the bullet points below that we aren't asking much.
- Commitment: once admitted to our program, the expectation is that you will participate until you graduate with your certificate, associate's degree, and/or transfer.
- Meet with your SSS counselor/staff: we expect you check in with your SSS counselor/staff twice a semester. This doesn't always have to be a meeting to discuss your classes, but can also be a general check-in to see how you are doing.
- Maintain good academic standing: we design our program around providing you with the support you need to succeed. As a result, we expect you to hold your end of the bargain and work hard to have a GPA of 2.0 or above.
- Attend workshops: the SSS team will offer various workshops throughout the year (e.g., financial aid, college application, career exploration, transfer, etc.). It is expected that you will attend at least two workshops per semester.
- HAVE FUN & MAKE LIFELONG FRIENDS: as we mentioned earlier, TRIO is family. You will see for yourself if you are admitted into our program just how much of a bond you will form with your peers. We understand the importance of taking your education seriously, but we also value having fun and making friends- after all, that is part of the college experience!