Joshua Lieser, Ph.D.
Dr. Joshua Lieser came to Oxnard College in 2014 after completing his PhD in History at U.C. Riverside. He has previously taught as an adjunct faculty member at U.C. Riverside, CSU Channel Islands, MiraCosta College, Mesa College, and Crafton Hills College. His dissertation, entitled “Cultural Constructs, Corporate Sponsorship, & the Cold War: the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics,” is a reconsideration of the Cultural Cold War through the soft power expression of sports. His areas of academic expertise include American History, American Sports History, U.S. Foreign Policy, World History, and Russian History.
Prior to completing his PhD, Dr. Lieser completed his MA in History in 2008, a Single Subject Teaching Credential in 2001, and his BA in History in 2000 - all at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. In addition to prior experience teaching at a number of colleges and universities, Dr. Lieser was a high school social studies teacher and men's basketball coach for seven years prior to seeking his PhD. As a result, Dr. Lieser is especially interested in working with students who want to become teachers.
- History 110 - History of the Middle East
- History 124 - American Sports History
- History 125 - American Foreign Policy & Covert Action
- History 130 - History of the United States I
- History 140 - History of the United States II
- History 150 - World History I
- History 160 - World History II