The Campus Use, Development, and Safety (CUDS) Committee supports and advances the college mission, vision, and values by assessing and evaluating college needs related to facilities use, efficiency, accessibility, development, maintenance, and safety. The CUDS Committee makes recommendations to the College Planning Council.
Members are selected or appointed on an annual basis prior to the conclusion of the spring semester for the subsequent academic year.
- Vice President of Business Services
- Academic Senate President or designee
- Classified Senate President or designee
- Five Academic Senate representatives
- Three Classified Senate representatives
- Two Associated Student Government representatives
- One Management representative
- College Police Lieutenant
- Director of Maintenance and Operations
- Educational Assistance Center Coordinator
- Health Center Coordinator
- Public Safety Department Chair
- One AFT representative
Members have the following responsibilities:
- Review and make recommendations regarding the Facilities Master Plan, emergency and safety plans.
- Develop annual and long-term objectives and action steps to implement the recommendations of the Facilities Master Plan, emergency and safety plans.
- Study existing facilities, facilities use, and recommend modifications and improvements.
- Promote energy efficiency, conservation, and environmental stewardship in decisions.
- Ensure that all college facilities are physically and electronically accessible to all, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Hear and address relevant concerns brought to the committee's attention.
- Prepare and communicate to the committee monthly updates on member's area of expertise.
- Evaluate and rank college use, development, or facilities resource requests, as requested by the Budget Committee.
The Campus Use, Development, and Safety Committee meets at 2:30 PM on the second Tuesday of each month during the Fall and Spring Semesters, with additional meetings scheduled as needed. To request a Zoom link to attend a committee meeting, please contact Allie Frazier at firstname.lastname@example.org. If a member misses three consecutive meetings, he/she will no longer be considered a voting member.