The Technology Effectiveness Committee (TEC) supports and advances the college mission, vision, and values by assessing college needs related to technology planning, use, efficiency, development, and maintenance. The TEC makes recommendations to the College Planning Council.
Members are selected or appointed on an annual basis prior to the conclusion of the spring semester for the subsequent academic year.
- Vice President of Business Services
- Academic Senate President or designee
- Four Academic Senate representatives
- Two Classified Senate representatives
- Two Associated Student Government representatives
- Two Management representatives
Ex Officio Members
- Academic Data Specialist
- Assistive Computer Technology/Media Access Specialist
- Director of Information Technology
- Instructional Technologist/Designer
Members have the following responsibilities:
- Review and make recommendations for revisions to the college Technology Master Plan.
- Develop annual and long-term objectives and action steps to implement the recommendations of the Technology Master Plan, Educational Master Plan, or other college plans, as they related to the committee's purpose.
- Study existing technology and technological infrastructure and recommend alterations and improvements.
- Ensure ongoing attention to equitable educational access and outcomes, and removal of barriers for underserved populations and students with disabilities.
- Review, evaluate, and make recommendations regarding new technologies for college use.
- Review, evaluate, and make recommendations regarding allocation of technology refresh and infrastructure funds.
- Assess and recommend technology training provided through professional development, computer support, and self-guided training systems to ensure that the training meets the needs of faculty and staff.
- Here and address technology concerns brought to the committee's attention.
- Rank technology-related resource requests, as requested by the Budget Committee.
The TEC meets on the third Wednesday of every month at 2:30 PM during the academic year in accordance with the calendar established by the College Planning Council. Meetings are held via ConferZoom, and the campus community is welcome to attend. To request a Zoom link to attend a committee meeting, please contact Allie Frazier at email@example.com. Meeting agendas can be viewed on BoardDocs.