As a new Certificate of Achievement under the Computer Network/IT program, the Cybersecurity pathway provides students with an opportunity to receive the knowledge and training required to step in to a field that is in high demand. Cybersecurity is essential to the success of companies, federal agencies, financial institutions, and countless industries in today's marketplace.
Cybersecurity - Certificate of Achievement
Required Core Courses:
- CNIT R120 - Cisco CCNA Networking I (4 units)
- CNIT R144 - CompTIA Network + Fundamentals (4 units)
- CNIT R145 - CompTIA Security + IT Security (3 units)
- CNIT R146 - Cybersecurity: CompTIA PenTest+ (3 units)
*Both CNIT R120 and CNIT R144 provide foundation-level computer networking/IT training which is why you can take either course. CNIT R145 and CNIT R146 are both mandatory core courses.
Required Additional Courses (Complete two courses from the following electives):
- CNIT R127 - Wireless Networking (3 units)
- CNIT R131 - Admin Microsoft Windows Server (3 units)
- CNIT R143 - CompTIA Linux + Fundamentals (3 units)
- CNIT R151 - Cloud Computing & Virtualization (4 units)
Total Required Major Units = 16-17
Scholarships and Other Opportunities
Click on the accordion dropdown below to explore the opportunities available.