Oxnard College will advance equity-focused practices, rooted in anti-racism, in our instruction, services, and operations:
The Anti-Racism Workgroup at Oxnard College seeks to be a practical, supportive body for students, staff, and faculty that upholds the College’s commitment to being an anti-racist institution focused on issues of social and racial justice.
We stand united in our collective commitment to equity, inclusion, and justice for all people, and state without reservations our belief that Black Lives Matter. We raise our voices in solidarity with all communities of color, partners, allies, and others who struggle for the equitable and humane treatment of all disenfranchised, under-resourced, under-represented, and under-served groups. We denounce racism, sexism, anti-LGBTQIA+, and ableism.
- Identify and eliminate long-standing institutional racism at Oxnard College.
- Foster ongoing, authentic dialogue about race, racism, gender bias, and anti-blackness.
- Incorporate required anti-racism curriculum content into all levels of education for students.
- Implement strategies to optimize recruitment and retention of diverse students, classified professionals, and faculty at Oxnard College.
- Implement required ongoing campus-wide anti-racism education.
- Implement social justice and environment justice activities in collaborations with students and local community and non-profit organizations.
- Empowering communities of color to confront their own internalized oppression.