To apply for the Spring 2023 ESTEEM Scholarship,
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Wednesday, April 19, 2023
OC ESTEEM Scholars
OC ESTEEM Scholar is an NSF funded scholarship and support project led by UCSB. ESTEEM: Enhancing Success in Transfer Education for Engineering Majors.
- ESTEEM is a scholarship and support program for academically-talented, low-income students majoring or intending to major in Engineering.
Aim of the Effort:
1. Scholarship funds relieve the financial stress and allow students to invest more time and energy into rigorous coursework.
2. Programmatic efforts cultivate an active and engaged learning community where peers feel valued and individual success achievable. This occurs in class, clubs and the STEM Center.
OC ESTEEM is a scholarship and support program for academically-talented, low-income students majoring or intending to major in Engineering.
- Must be registered as full-time students in a STEM discipline
- Must be US citizens or permanent residents
- Must have a cumulative college GPA of at least 3.0 and in good academic standing
- Must complete a FAFSA and have significant financial need
- Must be interested in pursuing engineering
- Must intend to transfer to a 4-year university to complete a BS
- Must list Oxnard College as the primary institution
- Must be enrolled in college level math/science courses (100 level)
- Must complete a comprehensive education plan with an articulated engineering path
- If awarded, must commit to participate in cohort activities and project evaluation—respond to surveys, permit academic information (GPA, series of classes taken etc…) to be shared
For further details and/or questions, please contact OC STEM staff Haida Jimenez-Martinez: email@example.com