Oxnard College Financial Aid Priority Deadline
In order to ensure timely processing and disbursing of your Fall 2017 financial aid (if eligible), you must complete and submit ALL of your financial aid requirements prior to May 12, 2017.
Federal School Code: 016391
Welcome to the Oxnard College Financial Aid website! We hope that this site provides useful information for both students and parents. We offer a wide variety of programs and services to help meet some of your educational costs. Applications for financial aid are accepted throughout the academic year but we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The Financial Aid Office at Oxnard College is comprised of dedicated financial aid professionals committed to serving students by providing them information to secure the necessary financial resources to meet their educational objectives. The types and amounts of financial aid Oxnard College awards or recommends are subject to availability of funds, eligibility for funds, enrollment status and financial need. Oxnard College students have a variety of financial aid programs available for assistance. Programs vary in eligibility criteria, award amounts, and repayment options.
If you need help paying your enrollment fees or other expenses, financial aid in the form of grants and federal work-study is available to eligible students. The Board of Governor's Fee Waiver (BOGW) is available to California residents. Oxnard College does not participate in the Federal Direct Loan program. View the VCCCD Code of Conduct/Conflict of Interest Policy here.
Correspondence will be by e-mail and changes/updates to financial aid status will be displayed on the student portal. Application information and document requirements needed to complete your application can be viewed by logging in your my.vcccd.edu student portal.
Navigate the links on the left to visit the various pages. New Students may find the following pages very helpful:
- How To Apply
- BOGW Enrollment Fee Waiver
- Cost of Attendance
- AB540/Dream Act
- Using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool
- Declaring a MAJOR
- Hours of Operation
- Spring 2017 Osher Scholarship
Financial Aid Goals and Objectives:
- Provide student centered service, information, and identify financing options to students seeking financial assistance
- Maintain efforts to minimize the student loan default rate
- Identify, outreach to, and increase both financial aid participation and student access to locally defined un-served and underserved student populations
- Increase awareness on campus and at local high schools of financial aid
- Feel directed, focused, nurtured, engaged, connected, and valued.
- Be aware of and connected to financial literacy tools via Cash Course, http://www.cashcourse.org
- Expand critical thinking and communication skills through online, video, email and text campaigns
- Create and value timely file completion and the award and disbursement process