What is the Oxnard College CalWORKs Program?
The CalWORKs Program is a partnership with Oxnard College and the Ventura County Human Services Agency to serve Welfare recipients who currently receive CalWORKs benefits. This partnership is of significant benefit to the student who must quickly gain educational and vocational training and experience to become employed and self-sufficient. Collaboration with the County Welfare Department helps to assist students to their goals and supports the county in their efforts to assist their clients to successfully transition to the workplace.
Student Support Services:
- Early Registration
- Academic, Career, & Personal Counseling
- Development of Individual Training Plan (ITP)
- Comprehensive Educational Plan
- Job Development & Post Employment Services
- Case Management & Tracking of Student Progress
- Referrals to Other Student Services, (EOPS/CARE, & EAC)
- Easy Access to Successful Employment For Life (EASEL Workshops)
- Counseling on Welfare-to-Work (WTW) Requirements & Regulations
- Liaison with Employment Specialists (ES) Worker to Assist the Students
- Work Study & Paid/Unpaid Internship
- Placements With Focus On Job-Skills Acquisition
- Computer Lab (located in the CalWORKs Office)
A referral is made by the Ventura County Human Services Agency to the College CalWORKs Program at Oxnard College. If you currently receive Cash Aid for yourself and your children, stop by the College CalWORKs office to complete the CalWORKs program application.