Pell Recalulation Date(Freeze Date):
NO REVISIONS will be made to your financial aid award(s) after this date. This means that your award will increase or decrease according to your enrollment status as of the date below:
- Sept. 10, 2018
- Jan. 28, 2019
- 1st Disbursement processing begins: Aug. 16, 2018
- 2nd Disbursement processing begins: Sept. 10, 2018
- 1st Disbursement processing begins: Jan. 3, 2019
- 2nd Disbursement processing begins: Jan. 28, 2019
You will receive your refund 7 to 21 days after a payment appears on your MyVCCCD portal account, depending on the payment method you chose and the date your classes begin. The date noted on your MyVCCCD portal is an internal processing date ONLY. Please be aware this is NOT the disbursement date for your funds. Your payment schedule reflects a full-time enrollment assumption. If you are not enrolled full-time, the amount you will receive will be less and prorated based on your actual enrollment.
- Dec 11, 2018
- May 8, 2019
You may complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA anytime throughout the academic year. The 2018-19 FAFSA requires 2016 income information. Deadline is June 30, 2019.
The 2019-20 FAFSA will be available beginning Oct. 1, 2019. The 2019-20 FAFSA requires 2017 income information. FAFSA deadline, to be considered for the Cal Grant, is March 2, 2020. For assistance in completing the FAFSA, please visit the Workshops section. If you are a dependent student, please bring a parent with you to complete the FAFSA or California Dream Act application.
We will guarantee a 2018-2019 award package before school begins if you complete all your outstanding financial aid requirements by Friday, May 11. 2018.
If you complete the 2018-2019 financial aid process by Friday, May 11, 2018
- You will not have to wait in long lines at the financial aid office before Fall 2018 begins Monday, Aug. 20, 2018.
- You will increase your chances of receiving more aid. Some grants are awarded on first-come, first-served basis such as Federal Work-Study.
- You will be provided with an award package for 2018-2019 by June 1, 2018.
- If eligible, you will receive aid during the first week of school.