Oxnard College uses placement tests to assess academic skill level for appropriate course placement.
These assessments provide a measure of a student's:
- Knowledge in basic skills (Reading, Writing, Mathematics, Spanish & Proficiency in English as a Second Language [ESL] )
- Academic readiness for college-level classes.
Assessments are free of charge for Oxnard College students, and are required for students who:
- Are attending OC for the first time with the goal of completing a Certificate, an Associate’s Degree (AA/AS), or an Associate's Degree for Transfer (ADT).
- Plan to take an English, Math, Spanish or ESL course
- Plan to take a General Education course requiring college-level skills
Assessment testing is on a drop-in basis, no appointments required.
Note: Please allow 2-3 hours to test if you are taking both the Math and English Assessment tests
Assessment Testing Schedule
Effective October 20, 2017
|Monday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||10:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Wednesday||10:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 12:00 pm|
Please call 805-678-5864 for more information.