Oxnard College uses placement tests to assess academic skill level for appropriate course placement. These assessments provide a measure of a student's:
- Knowledge in the basic skills (Reading, Writing, Mathematics & English Proficiency [ESL] and
- Academic readiness for college-level classes.
Assessments are free of charge for Oxnard College students, and are required for students who:
- Are attending OC for the first time with the goal of completing a Certificate, Associate’s Degree or Transfer Degree,
- Plan to take an English, Math, or ESL course
- Pan to take a General Education course requiring college-level skills
Mondays: Drop In From 8:30am-5:00p.m.
Wednesdays: Drop In From 10:30am-7:00pm
Fridays: Drop In From 8:00a.m.-5:00pm