Steps to Requesting Clearance of a Prerequisite
If you have attempted to register and a “prerequisite and test score-error message” appears or if you know you need to be cleared for a prerequisite or co-requisite, you need to complete the following steps before attempting to complete the registration process. It is highly recommended that you seek approval for the clearance BEFORE attempting to register to minimize time delays. Otherwise, you will not be permitted to register for the course(s).
Steps to Requesting Clearance of a Prerequisite (Please note that submitting a request does not guarantee approval - subject to counselor and/or instructor discretion)
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- Your full name and Student ID/900 number
- The course title and number for which you wish to enroll (Ex: English R101)
- Supporting documentation including official or unofficial college or high school transcripts, grade reports, or AP Scores.
2. All complete requests will be responded to within two business days.
1. Visit the OC Counseling Department (2nd Floor of Student Services Building)
2. Bring supporting documentation including official or unofficial college or high school transcripts, grade reports, or AP Scores
(For math placement at the start of a Math sequence, the student can use high school transcripts, college transcripts from another college, or AP scores. For English placement, test scores from Cal State University, CTEP, or other selected validated standardized test scores may be submitted as documentation for course placement.)
3. Prerequisite requests will be reviewed and processed within two business days.