Whether it’s Rock or Classical, the guitar or the piano, this is the place students can become better players, listeners, and composers-
Welcome to the Music Department at Oxnard College!
Explore our offerings:
- MUSIC APPRECIATION (Mus R103A)—An excellent class for your general Humanities requirement for transfer. Gain a greater understanding of the great works through the ages, fine tune your ear for classical music, and find out why Mozart, Beethoven, and Bach are still familiar names hundreds of years after their lifetimes.
- HISTORY OF ROCK MUSIC (Mus 116)—You’ll hear more styles of rock music than you probably ever knew existed! This class ROCKS!
- MUSIC FUNDAMENTALS (MUS 101)—You will learn to read and write music notation and develop the skills to compose your own original musical pieces.
- CLASS PIANO (MUS 107ABCD)—You’ll receive instruction in how to play piano, including how to read music. This course is available for complete beginners as well as more advanced students. If you have always wished you could play an instrument, this is a great way to start!
- INTRO TO GUITAR (MUS 118)—You will learn the fundamentals of guitar playing in a variety of styles and will learn to read all notations associated with the instrument (standard notation, TAB, chord charts, and more!). You will need your own guitar for this class, a nylon-string, acoustic guitar is best.
Lead Faculty: Scott Wolf (email@example.com)
Adjunct Faculty: Marci Katznelson and Carlos Gonzales
Check out our Visual and Performing Arts events calendar (Coming Soon)