- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
What is the Oxnard College CalWORKs Program?
The CalWORKs Program is a partnership with Oxnard College and the Department of Social Services to serve Welfare recipients who are currently receiving CalWORKs benefits. This partnership is of significant benefit to the student who must quickly gain educational and vocational training and experience to become employed and self-sufficient. Collaboration with the County Welfare Department helps to assist students in achieving their goals and supports the county in their efforts to assist their clients in becoming self-sustaining.
- Registration Assistance
- Academic, Career, & Personal Counseling
- Development of Individual Training Plan (ITP)
- Job Development & Post Employment Services
- Case Management & Tracking of Student Progress
- Referrals to Other Student Services, (EOPS/CARE, & EAC)
- Easy Access to Successful Employment For Life (EASEL Trainings)
- Counseling on Welfare-to-Work (WTW) Requirements & Regulations
- Liaison with Employment Specialists (ES) Worker to Assist the Students
- Work Study & Paid/Unpaid Internship
- Placements With Focus On Job-Skills Acquisition
A referral is made by the Department of Social Services to the CalWORKs receptionist at the college's CalWORKs office. Some individuals receiving cash aid may make the first contact themselves by just coming in to the office or applying online. The CalWORKs counselors will coordinate with the Department of Social Services and the student regarding classes and support services the student is eligible to receive.