Please Note: High school seniors graduating in June must complete a new online application for admission as a high school graduate. You will be prevented from registering online until you have done this. Graduating seniors will be able to register during new student registration. Refer to the registration calendar for registration dates.
If you are currently attending high school and plan to enroll at Oxnard College, you must complete the following steps:
1. Complete our Online Application for Admission
- Access the online application using the CCCApply website
- Applications will be available in our database within 24 hours of submission.
- You will be asked to enter an e-mail address. If you do not have your own e-mail account, CCCApply will create an email for you. If your e-mail account changes in the future, please access MyVCCCD to update your address with us.
2. Setup your MyVCCCD account.
- Once your admission application is processed, you will receive an email from Oxnard College with instructions on how to setup your account.
- Students will be prevented from registering for classes until their MyVCCCD account is setup.
3. Submit a Special Admission Packet and unofficial school transcript
- You can obtain the special admission form from your school, or you may download the Special Admission Packet.
- The form must include classes recommended by your school principal (or designee) - do not leave blank, or you will be sent back to obtain approval. You cannot enroll in more than 6.0 units.
- The K-12 district is responsible for determining your ability to be successful with college level coursework.
- Your parent/guardian and your school principal (or designee) must sign the form.
- Complete the Memorandum of Understanding (One Time Only)
4. Complete Assessment Testing
No appointments are needed for assessments. All assessment sessions are walk-ins. The assessment evaluation will provide important information to counselors regarding your academic levels in the areas of English, Reading and Math. For more information, please contact the Assessment Office at 805-986-5864.
Assessment Testing Lab Hours Monday: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm Wednesday: 10:30 am - 7:00 pm Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
5. Register for classes in person at the Admissions and Records Office.
Students in 10th grade or below must also complete the following:
- Parent and student must complete a Special Admission Intake Process (One Time Only). To schedule an appointment, please contact Marcos Lupian at email@example.com (preferred) or 805-986-5962.
- Obtain instructor approval and add authorization code on the first day of class. Approval is required even if the class is open.
- High school students are not eligible for web registration, walk-in only. Please check the current calendar for registration dates.
- Picture ID is required for all transactions in the Admissions and Records Office.
6. Pay your fees at the student business office or online through MyVCCCD.
- High School students are exempt from enrollment fees ONLY.
- Fees WILL be charged for health, student rep, and student center.
- The Enrollment Fee Exemption does not apply to Special Full-time students enrolled in 12 or more units
- Non-resident tuition - mandatory, if applicable
- Foreign Student Capital Outlay Fee - mandatory, if applicable
- It is the student's responsibility to drop classes if no longer attending. All drops must be done in person at the Admissions and Records Office by the appropriate deadline. Deadlines can be obtained online at www.oxnardcollege.edu/schedule or in person at the Admissions and Records Office. Failure to drop a class will result in a letter grade of an "F" noted on the student's permanent record (Transcript).
- The academic records of all students, including Special Admission students, are private and will not be released without the student's written consent to anyone including the parent/guardian.
- Special Admission students are responsible for complying with all Oxnard College rules, regulations, and deadline dates.
- Special Admission students must submit a transcript request for their records to be sent once their class has been completed. Transcripts are not sent automatically and cannot be sent without the student's consent.
- Oxnard College does not send grade cards. Special Admission students may use MyVCCCD to access their grades.
If you last attended Oxnard College as a high school student and have since graduated, you must complete a new online application for admission. You will be prevented from registering online until you have done this.