Welcome to the World of Geography
Geography is a multi-disciplinary science of the Earth and how the physical and cultural world interact.
Geography is more than maps and memorization of countries. Geographers explore the Earth’s features,
their spatial distribution and movement, and how all these elements integrate.
Field Trips are part of the learning experience.
Themes in Geography:
- Environmental Scientist
- Urban Planner
- Geographical Information Systems
- Park Ranger
- Travel Agent/Guide
- Analyze Environmental impacts
- Map features
- Design cities
- Study human/ environmental interface
- Geo-political analysis
Oxnard College Offers:
- Elements of Physical Geography - R101
- Physical Geography Lab – R101L
- Intro to Weather and Climate- R102
- World Regional Geography - R103
- Geography of California - R104
Professor Danza has 25 years of experience as a professional planner (urban, environmental, and water resources), adjunct professor, environmental leader, and wilderness skills educator. His work experiences, world travel, and his love for science become part of the classroom experience.
Assistant Professor Jim Danza, AICP, M.S.
Oxnard College Geography Program
firstname.lastname@example.org | 805-320-2265