- College Information
- Apply & Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Take a look at the Art Department's blog!
The Fine Arts offers many courses listed in the college catalog in the areas of Two-Dimensional Art. Studies in the Fine Arts Include drawing, life drawing, painting, color and design, and printmaking. The Fine Arts program serves students seeking to transfer or to work towards an associate of art degree.
Oxnard College's McNish Art Gallery is an integral part of instruction. It features eight exhibitions during the fall and spring semesters, which reflect professional work representing courses taught in the program. These include group and solo shows, a guest-curated show, and a juried student art show. The gallery program supports the educational mission of Oxnard College through its educational program and formal exhibition of contemporary works of art. The gallery also serves the art history, studio arts, and liberal arts program by providing an opportunity for learning about art.
There is a very strong Ceramics Program at Oxnard College with students who develop their craft from beginner to advanced Ceramics levels. Students learning about the media of clay and learning how to sculpt, paint, and fire their ceramics work in the industry quality kilns in the department. Students who have graduated from the program have won countless awards for their works of art. The department welcomes students of all ability levels, particularly the beginner who has never touched clay before. Students should prepare themselves for wonderful experience in the study of Ceramics.
Careers this program or course of study lead to:
- Advertising (Art Director, Copyrwriter, Layout Artist)
- Animation (Storyboard, Cartooning)
- Architecture (Architect, Architectural Graphic Designer, Landscape Architect)
- Art Therapy
- Fashion (Fashion Designer, Fashion Illustrator, Fabric Designer)
- Graphic Design (Graphic Designer, Promotion Designer, Letterer, Record Cover Designer, Medical Illustrator, Mural Designers)
- Industrial Design (Product Designer, Toy Designer, Furniture Designer, Interior Designer)
- Museum (Curator, Education)
- Photography (Advertising Photographer, Fashion Photographer, News Photographer)
- Publication Design (Editorial Art Director, Book Designer)
- Teaching (High School Instructor, College/University Professor)
- Fine Art
Christine Morla, M.F.A., (firstname.lastname@example.org) - (805)986-5800, extension 1929
- Ichiro Irie, M.F.A., (email@example.com) - Painting/Drawing
- Monica Furmanski, M.F.A., (firstname.lastname@example.org) - 2-D Art, Digital Photography
- Gina Lawson-Egan, M.F.A., (email@example.com) - Ceramics
- Roger Lee, M.F.A., (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Ceramics/Sculpture
- Jacquelyn Cavish, M.F.A. - (email@example.com) Art Appreciation
- Peggy Tranovich, M.A., (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Art Appreciation
- Claudia Pardo - McFadyen, M.A., (email@example.com)- Art Appreciation