How do I use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool?
You may use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool two weeks after you and/or your parents have electronically filed taxes or eight weeks after you and/or your parents have filed taxes by mail.
Instructions for IRS Data Retrieval on your FAFSA
- Log into www.fafsa.gov.
- Click on “Make FAFSA Corrections.”
- Click on “Financial Information” tab.
- Correct “Will File” to “Already Completed.”
- If you are eligible to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, click Link to IRS and OK.
- On the IRS Web site (www.IRS.gov.) enter the requested information and click Submit..
- Click on the box under the “Transfer My Tax Information into the FAFSA” and then click Transfer Now.
- You should receive the message “You have successfully transferred your 2014 tax information.”
- Complete all steps and electronically sign and Submit your FAFSA.
- Your FAFSA is successfully submitted once you have received a confirmation number.
How can we help you?
If you need further assistance, FAFSA workshops are scheduled every Wednesday from 3 to 4:15 p.m. in the Oxnard College Student Services Building.