Oxnard College is pleased to announce the grand opening ceremony of the Dream Resource Center at 3 p.m. on August 14. The ceremony will be at Oxnard College, 4000 S Rose Ave., Oxnard, in the Dream Resource Center. It is located in the Associated Student Government (ASG) Building, Room 109.
The grand opening will include a message by President Luis Sanchez and presentations by Oxnard College students and faculty members. Light refreshments and cookies will be served.
The Dream Resource Center will provide comprehensive services to undocumented students, their families and campus allies. Dr. Oscar Cobian, Vice President of Student Development, stated, “The launching of this Center is yet another testament to Oxnard College’s commitment to serving the needs of underrepresented students and local community members.”
The Dream Resource Center will provide the following services:
- Mental health services
- “Know Your Rights” workshops
- Student and parent orientations
- Legal aid each Friday during the month of September
- Safe space and a peer support network along with our Dreamer’s Club
- Assistance with the Dream Act application for eligible students
- Close collaboration and outreach with local high school programs for undocumented students and allies