Complaint and Grievance Procedures

Students are protected against capricious, arbitrary, unreasonable, unlawful, false, malicious or professionally inappropriate evaluations or behavior by a faculty member, a staff member, an administrator or an official of the College or another student.  Student complaints may be classified as grievances and fall into one of three categories: Academic, Non-Academic, and Discrimination. The forms and procedures for academic and non-academic grievances are listed below and may be submitted to the front desk of the Office of Student Development located on the 2nd floor of the OC Student Services Building, Room SS-232.


Statement of Student Concern

Oxnard College employees make every effort to serve their community courteously and efficiently, while acting in accordance with district policies and state and federal laws. Individuals dissatisfied with a campus policy or the conduct of a college employee may bring a complaint to the attention of the appropriate faculty, staff, or administrator at any time. If after trying to resolve an issue, a person is unsatisfied with the outcome, they may begin the informal process by contacting the supervisor of the appropriate department. If after contacting that department supervisor, they are still not satisfied, they may begin the formal process by submitting a Statement of Student Concern form to the Vice President of Student Development’s office (see link below).

Statement of Student Concern Form 

Please DO NOT use this form for complaints of harassment or discrimination (see college website or catalog for further information). There is a separate form required for Grade Grievances (below). 

Complaints about parking tickets should be directed to the college’s Campus Police  Office.

Grade Grievances

Academic Grievances involve grade disputes. If a student files a grievance relative to a grade, he/she must prove that “mistake, fraud, bad faith, or incompetency” is the reason for the grade assignment. Please make sure to attach a separate sheet to explain the Grade Grievance along with support documentation.  The student must follow the Academic Grievance process. Information on the process and related forms can be found in the links listed below:

Student Grievance Board Policy 6205 

AP 5530 Student Rights and Grievances 

Discrimination, Harassment and Sexual Misconduct Complaints

Students wishing to file complaints based upon discrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, color, or physical or mental disability and any other category of unlawful discrimination should contact the Vice President of Student Development, Dr. Oscar Cobian, at 805-678-5937 or send an email to Dr. Cobian at:

Sexual Harassment/Discrimination Complaint Form 

Office of Title IX (Sexual Misconduct)  ... for more information and resources on sexual assault.

Additional Information

Most complaints, grievances or disciplinary matters should be resolved at the campus level. This is the quickest and most successful way of resolving issues involving a California Community College (CCC). You are encouraged to work through the campus complaint process first before escalating issues to any of the following resources. Issues that are not resolved at the campus level may be presented to the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) at:

If your complaint is associated with the institution’s compliance with academic program quality and accrediting standards, ACCJC is the agency that accredits the academic programs of the California Community Colleges. You may submit a complaint to the CCC Chancellor’s Office by completing a form at:

If your complaint involves unlawful discrimination, you may submit a complaint to the Chancellor’s Office website at:

For more information, please visit the California Community College State Chancellor's Office Complaint Form site at: