Spring 2021 Wildland Fire Academy Application Window
October 1, 2020 - October 30, 2020
To enter the Wildland Fire Academy, an application process is utilized to select the student participants. Applications are chosen on a First-Come First-Served basis to fill 40 seats.
The following courses/requirements are prerequisites: completion is required prior to application:
- EMT R109 - Emergency Medical Responder (Or higher)
- FT R151 - Fire Protection Organization - Successful completion (C or better) must be completed at time of application
- Good Physical Condition is necessary to complete this course
The Academy will be geared to a level that builds on the skills and knowledge learned in these classes.
- The Oxnard College Wildland Fire Academy will be held Wednesdays and Fridays beginning at 0800 and ending at 1700.
- It will begin in January and go for 16 weeks.
Admission to the Wildland Fire Academy is open to all students and very competitive. All documents must be submitted with the application. We will not contact you to request missing items and we will not hold on to packets with missing documents.
Applications will ONLY be accepted during the month of October. Please do not submit your application before.
Last Day to Apply is Friday, October 30th, 2020 by 3:00pm
No applications will be considered after the deadline.
***You may submit your application by mailing it or hand delivering it to the address below:
Oxnard College Public Safety
Attn. Matthew Jewett, Assistant Dean
104 Durely Ave
Camarillo, CA 93010
You may also email the complete application to email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org
If you decide to hand-deliver your application, please practice social distancing guidelines and make sure to wear a face mask at all times. You will need to call 805-678-5157 and be screened before coming in the building. You may drop off your application Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm.