Spring 2023 Wildland Fire Academy Application Window
will be open November 1 - November 30, 2022
An application process determines the student participants for each Wildland Academy. Applications are chosen on a first-come, first-serve basis to fill 40 seats.
The following courses/requirements are prerequisites. Completion is required prior to application:
- EMT R109 - Emergency Medical Responder (Or higher)
- FT R151 - Fire Protection Organization - Successful completion (C or better) must be completed at time of application
- Good Physical Condition is necessary to complete this course
The Academy will be geared to a level that builds on the skills and knowledge learned in these classes.
- The Oxnard College Wildland Fire Academy will be held Wednesdays and Fridays beginning at 0800 and ending at 1700.
- The academy begins in January and lasts 16 weeks.
Admission to the Wildland Fire Academy is open to all students who meet the requirements. All documents must be submitted with the application. We will not contact you to request missing items and we will not hold on to packets with missing documents.
Applications will ONLY be accepted during the month of November. Please do not submit your application before.
Application will be available on November 1 through the 30th, 2022
No applications will be considered after the deadline.
***You may submit your application by mailing it or hand delivering it to the address below:
Oxnard College Public Safety
Attn. Aric Lopez, Administrative Assistant
104 Durley Ave
Camarillo, CA 93010
You may also email the complete application to email@example.com