The Oxnard College Promise covers the per-unit cost of classes at Oxnard College for the FIRST YEAR for Oxnard Union High School District and Santa Clara High School students. In addition to two semesters of free tuition, Oxnard College Promise students will receive priority registration, dedicated tutors, advisors, counselors and support programs, expanded college orientation opportunities, and career or transfer track (CSU/UC) placement. Generously sponsored by the Oxnard College Foundation, the Oxnard College Promise aims to increase the number of local college graduates, university transfer and workforce-ready students throughout our community.
- Open: The 2018/2019 Oxnard College Promise Application opens on-line on October 1, 2017
- Priority Close: June 30, 2018
*The Promise application will be open until the program is full or June 30, 2018, whichever occurs first.
If you have any questions please contact the Welcome Center @ 805-678-5907 or email@example.com.
- MUST be at or under the age of 20 years old
- MUST graduate from
- Oxnard Union High School District
- ACE Charter High School
- Calvary Christian High School
- Gateway Community School
- Santa Clara High School
- Vista Real Charter High school (Oxnard, Hueneme, and Camarillo Sites)
- or receive your GED in the Spring 2018.
The steps to apply are as follows:
- Complete the Oxnard College Application for admission and take necessary enrollment steps.
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) OR complete the California Dream Act for AB540 students.
- Submit an Oxnard College Promise Application online BEFORE the application deadline.
Please Note: All students are required to complete Orientation, Assessment, and a Student Educational Plan. Priority registration will be granted only after all three components are completed. We highly encourage all students to apply for the First Year Experience (FYE) program at Oxnard College. FYE students will be eligible for early registration. The FYE application can be accessed online.
We encourage students to enroll in 12 or more semester units for both the Fall and Spring semesters at Oxnard College.
Please note that the Oxnard College Promise must be initiated in the Fall semester in order to be used in the Spring semester.
Oxnard College will continue to share the details of this program with prospective students during ongoing visits to local high schools. Interested individuals can also contact the Welcome Center at (805) 678-5907 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.