SPRING 2018 DUAL ENROLLMENT REGISTRATION DATES
Grades 9th - 12th - Begins November 22, 2017
Grades 8th or below - Begins January 8, 2018 with instructor permission
**NEW: DUAL ENROLLMENT (K-12) STUDENTS CAN NOW REGISTER FOR COURSES ONLINE!
SEE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.**
Please Note: High school seniors must complete a new online application for admission as a high school graduate. You will be prevented from registering as a regular student until you have done so. Graduating seniors will be able to register during new student registration after they complete an assessment, orientation, and an educational plan. Refer to the registration calendar for registration dates. Seniors taking courses during the Spring semester must complete the steps below to register as a dual enrollment student.
If you are currently attending K-12 and plan to enroll at Oxnard College, you must complete the following steps:
Step 1. Apply for Admission
- Follow instructions to create an OpenCCC account and submit your application
- Provide a valid email address & allow 24 hours to process your application and receive your new student email confirmation
Step 2. Set up your MyVCCCD account
- You will receive an email from Oxnard College with instructions on how to setup your MyVCCCD portal. ***Please note the link expires in 10 days.
- Regularly check your MyVCCCD email or activate mail forwarding option under MyACCOUNT settings in MyVCCCD
- Write down your Student ID number for your records
Step 3. Print out and complete the Dual Enrollment Forms
- Recommendation forms must be signed by the school principal or counselor and a parent. Include the desired course(s) on the form. A new set of forms with signatures is required for every semester of attendance as a dual enrollment (K-12) student.
- Memorandum of Understanding forms must be signed by the student and a parent/guardian.
- An unofficial copy of the student's most recent school transcript must be provided every semester of attendance as a dual enrollment (K-12) student.
- If a student plans on taking a Math and/or English class, an assessment must be completed prior to registering for proper placement. This can be done by meeting with an Oxnard College Counselor and/or by taking an assessment test. For additional information, please contact the Counseling Office at 805-678-5816 or the Assessement Office at 805-678-5864.
Step 4. Submit dual enrollment forms (recommendation for dual enrollment form, memorandum of understanding and unofficial transcripts) as early as possible to the Admissions and Records Office for authorization to enroll. There are two ways to submit this information:
- Submit scanned documents as a single file to firstname.lastname@example.org from your vcccd email address (@my.vcccd.edu) through the MyVCCCD portal. PAPERWORK SUBMITTED FROM OTHER EMAIL ADDRESSES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Submit documents in person to Admissions and Records Office at Oxnard College with photo ID. A photo ID is required for all transactions in the Admissions and Records Office
**Authorization to register for courses will be granted after the Dual Enrollment Forms are submitted to the Admissions and Records Office. Students in K - 8th grade cannot submit the dual enrollment forms until the first day of the semester and after approval from the instructor has been obtained.**
Step 5. Register for classes online via the MyVCCCD portal
- Find the registration date on the "Registration Calendar" for the term of attendance. To find the date, look for "Begin dual enrollment registration". The registration appointment date is also available within MyVCCCD student portal under the Register/Pay tab.
- Student in 8th grade or below must obtain Oxnard College course instructor approval on the first day of class.
- Approval is required even if the class is open. Ask the instructor for an "Add Code" as soon as they are available and submit to the Admissions and Records Office to get authorization to register for the class(es).
- Approval to register for courses online will be authorized after the Dual Enrollment Forms are submitted to the Admissions and Records Office.
- How to videos/resources:
Step 6. Pay your fees online through the MyVCCCD student portal or at the Student Business Office located in the Student Services Building
- Fee Information
- Dual Enrollment (K-12) Students are exempt from enrollment fees ONLY.
- Fees WILL be charged for health, student rep, student center and student activities fee (optional).
- Non-resident tuition - mandatory, if applicable. Certain nonresident students who live and attend high school in CA are exempt from nonresident tuition. Click here to access the Dual Enrollment Nonresident Exemption Request form that must be submitted to the Admissions and Records Office.
- It is the student's responsibility to drop classes by the deadline if no longer attending. Drops can be completed online via the MyVCCCD student portal or in person at the Admissions and Records Office by the appropriate deadline. Deadlines can be obtained online at www.oxnardcollege.edu/calendar or by clicking on the CRN of the class in the schedule of classes (www.oxnardcollege.edu/schedule). Failure to drop a class will result in a letter grade of an "F" noted on the student's permanent record (Transcript).
- The academic records of all students, including dual enrollment students, are private and will not be released without the student's written consent to anyone including the parent/guardian.
- Dual enrollment students are responsible for complying with all Oxnard College rules, student code of conduct, regulations, and deadline dates.
- Dual enrollment students must submit a transcript request for their records to be sent once their class has been completed. Transcripts are not sent automatically and cannot be sent without the student's consent.
- Oxnard College does not send grade cards. Dual enrollment students may use MyVCCCD to access their grades.
If you last attended Oxnard College as a dual enrollment student and have since graduated, you must complete a new online application for admission. You will be prevented from registering online until you have done so.