OC Instructional Support Services will help you report on your Student Learning Outcomes.
Please contact your Instructional Data Specialist, Janet Dawald, to schedule a consultation.
If you are planning to teach an online or hybrid course in the future for VCCCD, you must complete the district Online Teacher Training Course in Canvas prior to assignment.
Completion of the course prepares you to teach online for all three colleges in the district and effectively set-up and manage your courses with the most recent California Community College Chancellor's Office standards for distance education. The training course is conducted online, to replicate the student experience, and can take up to one month to complete depending on experience and technology comfort level.
2017 Fall Schedule:
- First Fall Session: September 25- October 23
- Second Fall Session: October 30- December 3
Register for the training that fits your schedule best using this form: Online Teaching Training in Canvas Sign-Up Form
Questions? Contact Ashley Chelonis.
Announcements Distributed by VCCCD Regarding the D2L to Canvas Transition
"This message is to remind you that we will be switching from Desire2Learn to Canvas this summer, 2017. There are many training resources available to help you with this transition. Please check the DE website for information and training schedule.
- June 30, 2017: D2L will be available on a normal schedule (24/7) until June 30, 2017. Please make sure to download any course content you need from D2L by June 30, 2017.
- July 1, 2017: we will begin the process to prep D2L to export student data into an archive. From July 1 through July 14, D2L will be intermittently unavailable possibly for long periods.
- July 15, 2017: D2L is switched off. From this point forward, course content will no longer be available. Student data (grades, attendance, login activity, etc.) will be in an archive accessible by district I.T. Requests for student activity (for grade challenges, etc.) must be made through your campus instructional technologist.
- Summer 2017 course shells were made available in Canvas on March 20. This included shells for all traditional in-classroom courses. If you have a short-term summer section (ends by June 30) and wish to use D2L instead of Canvas, please contact your campus Instructional Technologist.
- Fall 2017 course shells are now available in Canvas!"