eLumen workshops for Faculty
OC Instructional Support Services will help you report on your Student Learning Outcomes.
Please contact your Instructional Data Specialist, Janet Dawald, to schedule a consultation.
Online Teaching Workshops
Completion of the training is required before online and hybrid course assignments are given. Register for training as soon as you know you may be teaching online or hybrid in the future!
+ ANNOUNCEMENT +
This message is to remind you that we will be switching from Desire2Learn to Canvas this summer, 2017. There are many training resources available to help you with this transition. Please check the DE website for information and training schedule.
- June 30, 2017: D2L will be available on a normal schedule (24/7) until June 30, 2017. Please make sure to download any course content you need from D2L by June 30, 2017.
- July 1, 2017: we will begin the process to prep D2L to export student data into an archive. From July 1 through July 14, D2L will be intermittently unavailable possibly for long periods.
- July 15, 2017: D2L is switched off. From this point forward, course content will no longer be available. Student data (grades, attendance, login activity, etc.) will be in an archive accessible by district I.T. Requests for student activity (for grade challenges, etc.) must be made through your campus instructional technologist.
- Summer 2017 course shells were made available in Canvas on March 20. This included shells for all traditional in-classroom courses. If you have a short-term summer section (ends by June 30) and wish to use D2L instead of Canvas, please contact your campus Instructional Technologist.
- Fall 2017 course shells are now available in Canvas!
Canvas Training for All Online Instructors
This summer, we are moving from Desire2Learn to the Canvas Learning Management System.
If you are planning to teach an online or hybrid course in the future for VCCCD, there are two online training classes scheduled for this semester:
February 13 to March 13
March 20 to April 17
May 22 to June 26
The sooner you complete the training, the sooner you will be able to begin setting up your Canvas classes in advance of the switch! Give yourself plenty of room and register for the trainings using this link: Training Sign-Up Form
The trainings take about one month to complete, but can be completed sooner. Questions? Contact Ashley Chelonis.