The OMEGA Initiative
Oxnard Male Educational Goal Achievement Initiative
The Oxnard Male Educational Goal Achievement (OMEGA) Initiative is one of the focuses of the Oxnard College Student Equity Plan (SEP). California Community College student equity plans focus on increasing access, course completion, ESL and basic skills completion, degrees, certificates and transfer for all students as measured by success indicators linked to the CCC Student Success Scorecard, and other measures.One area of need identified through the data gathering portion of the SEP was the success rates of male students in Basic Skills level courses. The OMEGA Initiative hopes to address these gaps and improve male student success rates through intensive, directed, and, in some cases, mandatory academic and personal support services. The OMEGA Initiative is NOT a fraternity, nor is it associated with any regional or national fraternities.
Watch the OMEGA Video to hear what students have to say about program.
What's In It For You (the male student):
- Free Book Vouchers
- Free Meal Vouchers
- Free On‐Campus, student parking
- Free Print cards for printing and copies at the library
- Assistance with school supplies
- Tutors dedicated for your specific courses
- Academic advising, planning & scheduling assistance
- Several social activities and events exclusive to OMEGA participants
- Field Trips
- & More...
What do We Expect from You:
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 units
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Participate in a minimum of 3 hours per week in the library, or other self improvement activity approved by the OMEGA Counselor
- Attend at least three OMEGA workshops or other related workshops approved by the OMEGA Counselor
- Meet with the OMEGA Counselor twice per semester (EOPS and EAC students have additional requirements)
- Submit an Academic Progress Report the 10th to 13th week of the fall and spring semesters
- Attend the Mandatory Continuing Meeting at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters
- OMEGA related functions, surveys, and/or gatherings