Assessments are free of charge for Oxnard College students and are required for students who:
- Are attending OC for the first time with the goal of completing a Certificate, Associates' Degree or Transfer Degree
- Plan to take an English, Math or ESL course
- Plan to take a General Education course requiring college-level skills
You do not need to take an assessment if you:
- Have already earned a degree or certificate from an accredited college or university; or,
- Can demonstrate competency (by completing with a grade of "C" or better) in reading, writing or mathematics through previous assessments or college-level courses (bring unofficial transcrips for verification); or,
- Are only enrolling in special interest courses.