- Relax! Assessments are designed to help you succeed in school. Your scores help you and OC determine which courses are most appropriate for your current level of knowledge and skills. Once you identify your academic strengths and weaknesses, you can get the help you need to improve underdeveloped skills before they interfere with your learning.
- You will be able to concentrate better on the placement test if you get plenty of rest and eat properly before you take the assessment test.
- Arrive more than an hour before closing so you have plenty of time. Take a moment to relax and gather your thoughts before you begin the test.
- Be sure you understand the directions for each test before you start. Ask questions if you need to do so.
- Read each question carefully until you understand what the question is asking. If answering an item requires several steps, be sure to consider them all.
- Be sure to answer every item. You are not penalized for guessing. Your score will provide more useful placement information if you answer every item, even if you guess.
- Don't be afraid to change an answer if you believe your first choice was wrong.
- If you have a problem or question during the test, raise your hand and the test administrator will help you. Although they cannot answer test questions for you, they can help you with other types of questions or problems that you might be having.
- Use your scratch paper to work problems and/or make notes to yourself. The paper will be collected at the end of the placement test.
Copyright 2013 by ACT, Inc.