Specialized counseling services are provided with EOPS students in mind Some of these services include:
- Academic/Personal counseling
- Vocational decision making
- Career guidance
- Individual/Group counseling
- Educational Plan development
- Transfer/Transitional services
EOPS offers grants to eligible students with financial need as determined by Title V guidelines (must have completed FAFSA)
Assistance with the cost of books is available to continuing EOPS students enrolled in 9-12 units. Students must comply with EOPS responsibilities:
- Complete or update an EOPS Educational Plan each semester
- Complete 2 visits per semester with a counselor
- < Complete an additional EOPS visit (i.e. Peer Advisor/Staff visit or attend Spring Pre-Registration)
- Attend a workshop, field trip or complete an EOPS Student Success Class
EOPS annually provides certificate, graduating and transfer EOPS students a celebration day.
EOPS provides workshops that facilitate student progress and academic achievement. Special emphasis is placed on personal growth and academic success.
All EOPS students are encouraged to apply in November
Field trips to four year universities are scheduled for students interested in transferring Students receive a campus tour and information on housing, majors, admissions requirements, academic programs and
EOPS offers early registration each semester. This enables the EOPS student to secure needed classes before campus-wide enrollment
A full range of tutorial services are available to all EOPS students. Individual or group tutoring can help you successfully complete your classes.
Peer Advisors are college students. Their role is to help potential EOPS students access college services. They assist students in filling out our forms, developing class schedules and introducing them to campus life.
EOPS Student Success Course
This course provides EOPS students with college survival strategies: academic policy; student rights, educational plan, study skills and career information.
Additional Services for Care Eligible Students
- Parenting Class
- Fitness Class
- Funds for parking permits, child care, bus passes, materials fee, auto maintenance ($100 max) and/or grants.