Apply for Admission

Admission to Oxnard College is open to high school graduates, those possessing a high school proficiency certificate, GED, or any adult 18 years of age or older who may benefit from instruction offered. Students entering any of the public community colleges of California are subject to the residency requirements by the State of California. You may also be eligible to attend as a Special Admission student if you are still enrolled in high school.

Open to Enrollment: Each course offered by the Ventura County Community College District and its colleges is open to enrollment and participation by any person who has been admitted to the college and who meets the prerequisites to the class or program, unless specifically exempted by statute.

The following steps need to be completed to be admitted as a new student at Oxnard College. All new and returning students must complete assessment, orientation and an educational plan in order to be eligible for priority registration.

1. Complete our online application for admission

  • Access the online application using the OpenCCC website
    • You will be prompted to first create an OpenCCC account.
    • Important: After you create your account, you must click on continue to complete your application for admission.
  • Applications will be available in our database within 24 business hours of submission
  • You will be asked to enter an e-mail address. If you do not have your own e-mail account, you can create a free email account from any of the sources listed on the OpenCCC website.

AB540 - Students without lawful immigration status and U.S. citizens who are not residents of California may be entitled to exemption from nonresident tuition if they meet all of the following criteria:

  • Attended a high school in California for three or more years;
  • Graduated from a California high school, got a GED or passed the California High School Proficiency exam;
  • Complete an affidavit saying you have filed (or will file when you are eligible to do so) for legal immigration status;
  • Submit official high school transcripts;
  • Please see the Admissions and Records Office to determine if you are AB 540 eligible.

AB540 students at Oxnard College are now eligible to apply for state financial aid. Please inquire with the Oxnard College Financial Aid Office for more information.

2. Setup your MyVCCCD account.

  • Once your admission application is processed, you will receive an email from Oxnard College with instructions on how to setup your account.
  • Students will be prevented from registering for classes until their MyVCCCD account is setup.

3. Apply for Financial Aid

4. Submit official transcripts from prior institutions

  • Transcripts must be submitted in a sealed envelope.
  • Mail transcripts to:

Oxnard College
Att: Admissions & Records Office
4000 South Rose Ave
Oxnard, CA 93033

5. Complete the assessment process

  • Assessment of your basic skills and aptitudes are important to your success, no matter what educational pathway you may choose. ASSESSMENT TESTS MUST BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. Your results will determine placement in Math and English courses.
  • No appointments are needed for assessments. All assessment sessions are walk-ins. The assessment evaluation will provide important information to counselors regarding your academic levels in the areas of English, Reading and Math.
Assessment Testing Lab Hours
Monday, Thursday, Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday : 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wednesday: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
  • The Assessment Office can be reached at 805-678-5864.

6. Complete New Student Orientation Online at MyVCCCD

  • Log on to your MyVCCCD account and click on the MySuccess tab to access the online orientation.

7. Develop an Educational Plan

  • As a new and returning student, you must complete a one or two semester "abbreviated" educational plan using DegreeWorks, or develop a comprehensive educational plan that covers all of the terms needed to achieve your course of study and is approved by an academic counselor.
  • DegreeWorks is a planning tool to help you track and select the appropriate courses to meet your educational goals. You can access degrees DegreeWorks through your MyVCCCD portal.
  • Not sure how to create an abbreviated education plan in DegreeWorks? Click here to access the tutorial video.

8. Register for Classes online at


All new and returning students are required to complete Orientation, Assessment, and a Student Educational Plan unless they qualify for an exemption. Priority registration will be granted only after all three components are completed. If you believe you qualify for an exemption from one or more of the Student Services and Support Program (3SP) components based on the criteria listed below, complete the exemption request form and obtain approval from the Counseling Office. Submission of the exemption request form does not mean or guarantee approval of your exemption request. If your exemption is granted, you will lose your opportunity for priority registration that is granted to students who complete all the services.

  • Earned an Associate Degree or higher.
  • Enrolling solely to take a course that is legally mandated for employment or necessary in response to a significant change in industry or licensure standards. (Documentation must be attached.)
  • Enrolled at another college or university and taking classes to fulfill college/university requirements. (Documentation must be attached.)
  • I have already completed a degree applicable Math and English class. Applies to assessment only. (Documentation must be attached.)