This course is designed to give calculus-bound students a solid foundation in trigonometric functions. Emphasis will be placed on the trigonometric functions and their graphs, radian measure, trigonometric identities and equations, inverse trigonometric functions, complex numbers in trigonometric form, and DeMoivre’s Theorem. Special topics in trigonometry, such as solving right triangle applications, law of sines, law of cosines, parametric equations, vectors, polar coordinates, and curves in polar form are also included.
MATH R014 (Intermediate Algebra)
- Either MATH R116 or MATH 118 (Precalculus Mathematics) is required for PHYS R101 (College Physics 1).
- Either the MATH R115 (College Algebra) and R116 sequence or MATH 118 (Precalculus Mathematics) is required for MATH R120 (Calculus with Analytic Geometry I).
MATH R116 can be used to fulfill major requirements for the following programs:
- A.A. in General Studies Pattern II, Natural Sciences or Mathematics emphasis
- A.A. in General Studies Pattern III, Natural Sciences or Mathematics emphasis
MATH R116 fulfills the Math Competency requirement for all associate degrees at Oxnard College.
IGETC and CSU GE-Breadth fulfillment:
- MATH R116 fulfills the Area 2 (Mathematical Concepts and Quantitative Reasoning) requirement for IGETC certification.
- MATH R116 partially fulfills the Area B (Scientific Inquiry and Quantitative Reasoning) requirement for CSU-GE Breadth certification.
See a counselor for more information on IGETC or CSU GE-Breadth certification.
Some transfer information:
Credit for MATH R116 can be transferred to several universities; the chart below shows a few of the possibilities. For more complete transfer information, see a counselor at the Transfer Center or visit ASSIST online.
|University||MATH R116 equivalent|